mardi 28 juin 2016

Avatar Director Not a Fan of Star Wars: The Force Awakens


“I have to say that I felt that George’s group of six films had more innovative visual imagination."

It's refreshing to hear a blockbuster movie director's take on another blockbuster movie.

James Cameron - aka the King of the World - wasn't a big fan of J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens.

In a student interview on YouTube (as picked up by BMD), Cameron very diplomatically stated that he thought "this film was more of a retrenchment to things you had seen before".

"George Lucas is a friend of mine and he and I were having a conversation about it the other day. I don’t want to say too much about the film, because I also have a lot of respect for J.J. Abrams", Cameron began.

“I have to say that I felt that George’s group of six films had more innovative visual imagination. This film was more of a retrenchment to things you had seen before and characters you had seen before and it took a few baby steps forward with new characters. So for me the jury's out. I want to see where they go with it."

Cameron is currently hard at work in his Avatar universe, with four sequels planned to his 2009 smash hit.

Lucy O'Brien is an editor at IGN’s Sydney office. Follow her ramblings on Twitter.

IGN Logo

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire