lundi 5 décembre 2016

Rogue One Director on Whether He'd Make More Star Wars


"It's nearly impossible for me to say no..."

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story director Gareth Edwards would be interested in making another Star Wars movie, but this time about Obi-Wan Kenobi.

While doing a one-on-one interview with IGN at the Rogue One junket this weekend, Edwards was asked whether he'd consider coming back and doing a completely different Star Wars film from Rogue One. Though Edwards is open to the idea, he still wants new directors to take on the Star Wars universe.

"It's nearly impossible for me to say no, I would never ever do Star Wars ever again but I sort of feel like you know, I've won the lottery in terms of cinema," Edwards told IGN. "The most unfair thing you can do with the lottery winning is go buy more lottery tickets. It's like, you've got to let other people."

When asked if there might be a particular character, planet, or aspect of the Star Wars universe he'd consider exploring next, Edwards expressed his interest in Obi-Wan Kenobi, and the time he spent on Tatooine watching over Luke Skywalker.

"The bit that fascinated me before I knew about anything, I probably gravitated toward Tatooine because that's where I fantasized about as a kid, like, wanting to be like Luke Skywalker," Edwards said. "And as part of that obviously Obi-Wan Kenobi, his wilderness years. I mean, I feel like that would, I'd pay to watch that film."

The director even has a few genres in mind for the film, "something a bit more like a samurai movie or a western taking place."

Ewan McGregor, who took over for Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan in the Star Wars prequels, said he'd be interested in making two movies about the Jedi.

IGN also got the chance to interview Gareth Edwards about the politics in Rogue One, the fall of the Jedi in the film, and whether or not Rogue One has become a counter-culture film.

Rogue One hits theaters December 16.

Alex Gilyadov is a freelance writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter. 

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire