jeudi 23 mars 2017

Check Out This Awesome C-3PO ANA Plane from Japan


Part of a ANA/Disney series of Star Wars-themed planes.

Earlier this week, Japanese airliner All Nippon Airways (ANA) introduced a C-3PO-themed airplane, which made its first flight from Haneda to Kagoshima on March 21.

C-3PO actor Anthony Daniels attended the reveal event, where he signed the outer hull of the aircraft. Daniels also spoke a bit about his role as C-3PO over the past four decades.

Daniels' Rogue One cameo makes him the only actor to appear in all eight films.

"I first met George Lucas in 1975, and I told him I did not want to appear in his film, Star Wars," Daniels said. "It was at that time I saw a rather large piece of concept art of C-3PO and R2-D2 in George’s office, which is an image that still remains clear in my mind. The concept art that I saw was actually drawn by a Boeing designer named Ralph McQuarrie, who had started to become an artist in the film industry. I was mesmerized by C-3PO’s face, which McQuarrie had drawn, and it changed my life. Six months later the real C-3PO appeared in front of me, and it has been 41 years since then."

When asked during a Q&A about whether or not his cameo in Rogue One featured the original C-3PO suit, he said, "Sorry, but that’s top secret. I won't be able to tell you about the suit that I was wearing in Rogue One, but I was happy that I was able to make an appearance in that film."

According to Daniels, his Rogue One cameo makes him the only actor to appear in all eight Star Wars films.

ANA first partnered up with Disney Japan on a series of Star Wars decorated aircrafts after the announcement of The Force Awakens back in December 2015. They also transformed a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner into R2-D2 a few years ago.

Chloi Rad is an Associate Editor for IGN. Follow her on Twitter at @_chloi.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire