lundi 15 juin 2015

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Has Me Pumped for Gears 4


Gears of War: Ultimate Edition is almost exactly as I remember it. This, as you may imagine, was hardly a revelation. I am still terrible, it is still beautiful, and competitive multiplayer is still terrific.

Two matches of multiplayer was enough to remind me how much Gears of War has changed -- and how much I miss the way things were.

Check out some Gears of War: Ultimate Edition multiplayer gameplay

If Gears of War's HD update is missing anything, it's the refined controls from Gears of Wars: Judgment. The refinements to its combat are much more subtle. Cover is slightly less sticky than it used to be, but still sticky enough to underscore exactly how drastically the series has improved over the past decade. The over-the-shoulder aiming is adjusted just enough to make me miss every single Gnasher shot I tried to land. Every last one. Nobody in my matches pulled off the classic Gnasher trick of sending a sprinting foe splashing across the ground in a half-dozen pieces out of a roadie run. I thought i was going crazy. The Coalition's Rod Fergusson told me it was one of many minor tweaks to Ultimate Edition.

Continue reading…

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire