mardi 16 juin 2015

E3 2015: Guitar Hero Live: The Music Game for Millennials?


Freestyle Games creative director Jamie Jackson is showing me Guitar Hero Live's ambitious Guitar Hero TV mode, in which scores of frequently added music is curated for you based on your song preferences throughout the rest of the game. He's demoing a Premium Show – in this case, a three-song live concert set from an actual Pantera concert – riffing along to show off the note highway in the series reboot, as this is my first time seeing it in action. He pauses the gameplay to show me some of the things you can do in the menus, right from inside the song.

"It's our always-on, 24-hour playable music network," he begins to explain.

But I notice that the song doesn't stop. The music video keeps playing in the background, it's just that the note highway is gone while we poke around in the interface. I ask if you can actually pause the song proper – you know, in case the phone rings or someone knocks on the door. No, I'm told. Not in a Premium Show. Apparently the show must go on with or without you. Which makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever, especially when you consider that Premium Shows are always more than one song long.

Continue reading…

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire