jeudi 28 avril 2016

No Man's Sky Creator: VR 'Would Be a Really Good Fit'


But nothing to announce... yet.

While VR support for No Man's Sky remains unconfirmed, Hello Games founder Sean Murray stopped by the IGN office and discussed the exciting potential the technology offers, acknowledging it "would be a really good fit" for his space exploration game.

"I think VR in general is incredibly exciting," Murray said on the latest episode of IGN Unfiltered, which airs tomorrow. "I would say I’m a believer. I have this optimism about it. I really hope everyone gets it right."

While Murray's already sold on VR and sees it as an "amazing opportunity," he believes it still needs to find a killer app. "I have definitely decided that I'm going to own a VR headset and I'm going to show my friends... and I'm going to try and convince them to buy one," he said, adding that he hopes "it finds that killer app" so that "everyone ends up needing one" and the technology "doesn’t become novelty or gimmicky."

With regard to how No Man's Sky could take advantage of the benefits that PlayStation VR and other headsets offer, Murray said "there’s this huge opportunity for playing a game normally but then also being able to have those really intense moments within a game," offering players "a mixture of both."

In fact, he went so far as to describe a scenario in which this could be applied to his upcoming sci-fi game, saying, "If it was No Man's Sky—if such a thing existed—being able to find a planet if you really loved and then be able to see it in [VR]. I think something like that would be incredibly cool."

Would you like to see VR support for No Man's Sky? Let us know in the comments, and for more on Hello Games' ambitious space simulator, stay tuned for our full interview with Murray when the next episode of IGN Unfiltered goes live tomorrow.

Alex Osborn is a freelance writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

IGN Logo

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire