vendredi 28 juillet 2017

Hayley Atwell Would Love a Peggy Carter Marvel Movie


So would we, Hayley.

Given the fact that the MCU's Peggy Carter lived a long life and had many untold adventures as one of the founders of S.H.I.E.L.D. -- only some of which have been documented in movies and on TV -- and given the fact that it was announced that Captain Marvel will take place in the '90s, fans have been speculating about all the different ways Peggy could come back to the MCU.

I spoke to star Hayley Atwell, at the Television Critics Association press tour where she appeared for her Howards End miniseries on Starz, and asked her whether or not she'd love to return to the MCU.

"I'd love to see [Peggy] more in films," Atwell said. "I'd love to see her in her own film. And if we can keep evolving it so that she does new things so that I can surprise myself and she can keep surprising me then I'd love to do it."

Atwell then added "And I feel very privileged to be part of something that people really love and that entertains them. But also, you're going to these conventions and meeting people who've named their son Carter and people who have a tattoo of "I Know My Value," the tagline. She's a force of good and there are a lot of social media sites where girls and guys have come together and become good friends on an international scale because of their belief in some of the values that Peggy talks about. And that provides them with a different connection that a family situation or school situation that they don't really feel they have a place in. That's really cool to me. So I'm very happy to be a part of that world and keep that going."

agent-carter-203-synopsis

Fans were also devastated when Marvel's Agent Carter was canceled after two seasons, and on a bit of a cliffhanger no less. "You know Marvel and all the creatives behind the making of the show loved it," Atwell explained. "And we loved it. We all loved making it. It was a network political thing. They wanted to put me in something mainstream [Conviction] to get their ratings up rather than something that was more genre specific. There were a lot of economic decisions behind it and I wasn't a part of the conversation. So we were all really surprised about that because we kind of got the sense that people were liking it. It had this cult following. So I know there've been online campaigns for it and the fact that we know that she lives until the age of 96 means that technically I could be employed for the rest of my life, you know."

Matt Fowler is a writer for IGN and a member of the Television Critics Association (TCA). Follow him on Twitter at @TheMattFowler and Facebook at http://ift.tt/2aJ67FB.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire