vendredi 25 août 2017

Aquaman: Willem Dafoe on His Character's "Good Look"


The Death Note actor on costumes, Atlanteans and James Wan.

Aquaman cast member Willem Dafoe wouldn't tell us much about that film (or his turn in Justice League, for that matter) during our recent phone chat, but he did shed a little light on his character Vulko's costume and his shooting schedule on the DC Comics superhero film. (There have been no official publicity photos released yet featuring Dafoe's character.)

Nuidis Vulko is the science advisor of Atlantis and an Aquaman supporting character from the DC Comics. As in the comics, Vulko has known Aquaman his whole life and is part of the Atlantean inner circle. "Vulko is 100% Atlantean. So that's different, because [Aquaman] is half-Atlantean and half-human," Dafoe told IGN.

"So they're quite different and I'm capable of being outside of the water, but mostly it's underwater. And I'm a guy that's been around for a while. I have a kind of... let's call it an armor. It's a good look, I like it a lot."

He continued, "The day that they show the shot of the character will accomplish more than I can by talking about it now. I like the look very much, and know they released a toy recently. But it doesn't look so much what I look like [in the film]."

Vulko toy, via @SindarMomoa.

Vulko toy, via @SindarMomoa.

Dafoe also told IGN Aquaman director "James Wan is fantastic. I don't know what to tell you because I don't want to create any spoilers. I've been on a little break after shooting for a couple of months off. And now, tonight I go back to Australia to shoot for about another month. But all goes well...Until people actually start seeing footage, I don't want to spoil anything."

Audiences will first meet Dafoe's Vulko in Justice League, which opens in November. The Aquaman movie won't swim into theaters until December 2018.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire