jeudi 3 août 2017

Eli Roth Guest Column: My Favorite Revenge Movies


The Death Wish director breaks down his favorite revenge movies of all time, from Kill Bill to Unforgiven and beyond!

I’ve always been a fan of revenge cinema - that primal animal drive that makes the protagonists’ sole purpose to destroy those who took everything from them. In taking on Death Wish I watched so many great action films to inspire me, many films that aren’t even classifiable as revenge films but had revenge in them, such as Sicario, Eastern Promises and Django Unchained. I even went back into the Arnold canon and watched Commando, which was really the first Arnold movie where he delivered one liners with every kill. Death Wish to many is a revered classic, and I knew my adaptation had to stand on its own in every way. In other words, if you’re you’re going to remake a classic, you had better make a new classic.

Here are some of my favorite revenge films, some are ones you probably saw, others you should go look for if you’ve never heard of them.

Watch the trailer for Death Wish here:

Director Eli Roth's Death Wish will be released on November 22 and stars Bruce Willis, Vincent D'Onofrio, Dean Norris, Mike Epps and Elisabeth Shue.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire